Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Guest Book? Guest Platter

Last week I went to a new paint-your-own-pottery place in Kalamazoo called Art Bayou. Never having done pottery before, I wasn't sure what to expect. Turns out, it's a blast! I tapped into my inner artist and made a pretty rockin' vase.
While at Art Bayou, I discovered a fantastic alternative to the guest book. These platters are designed by artist Patricia Moerman, who will paint exactly what you want. At your ceremony and/or reception, guests use special pens to sign and leave messages. After the event, you simply take it home, pop it in the oven, and voila! You've baked your very own guest platter pottery for display. Brilliant.



Here are a couple other platters Patricia has created for her brides. Interested in having her create a platter for your wedding? She can be contacted here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this idea!

Great flower lady said...

this is soo cute!